Our club meets twice a month, on the second and fourth Wednesday, at the Chamber office at 6 PM.
6601 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, CA 90621
For more information contact
President Louise Mazerov,
We serve women in transition and girls 11-23 as well as the Buena Park community and our club members by unleashing the talent of members to help our external customers through programs such as SMART Girls, Miss Buena Park, Miss Teen, and the Christmas Shopping Spree, to help them achieve life skills so they can be successful, productive, contributing members of the community and drive our organization’s money-making model through annual fundraising, support of International’s programs and partnering with local service clubs and organizations working toward the same goals.
|SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL OF BUENA PARK|
SIBP - SERVICE PROJECTS
SOROPTIMIST is an international organization for business and professional women who work to improve the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world.
We support and contribute to:
- Boy’s and Girl’s Club of Buena Park
- Sponsor “SMART Girls” program for girls 11-18 - -(Skills Mastery & Resistance Training Program). Soroptimist , in collaboration with the Boys & Girls Club of Buena Park, implemented the S.M.A.R.T. Girls program. S.M.A.R.T. Girls provides gender and age-specific information to help young women between the ages of 8 and 17 develop the necessary skills for a long and healthy life.
- Speech and Language Development Center
- “Soles for Kids” shoe program - Since the inception in 1988 more than 1500 pairs of shoes have been given to needy children in Buena Park schools by Soroptimist.
- Annual Christmas Shopping Spree
- Backpacks for women and girls through the Coordinating Council
- Megan’s Law brochure for police department to distribute - Soroptimist in collaboration with the Buena Park Police Department coordinated the information guide for Megan's Law to inform the community of their rights. For more information go to .
- Scholarships for women re-entering college and young women who do good work in their community
- International Program to stop sex trafficking of women & girls
The name, Soroptimist, means "best for women," and that's what the organization strives to achieve. Soroptimists are women at their best, working to help other women to be their best.